AGM to be held 29th October 2022
10:30am - Stirling Highland Hotel FK8 1DU
Voting Now Open for Marketing, Media and Membership Director:
Please review the attached profiles and vote by sending an email to email@example.com confirming your name, who you are voting for and your membership number.
Voting Closes 23:59 27th October 2022
Vacancies for AGM:
Interim Executive Chairperson
***Role will only exist until the 2023 AGM***
WLS will then seek to appoint a new Chairperson.
· 1 year role to support the Board Restructure with particular focus on separating the General Secretary/CEO role into its Administrative and Sporting elements.
· Ensure the Board has effective decision-making processes and that a framework of Committees is established with defined powers of authority and appropriately resourced to effectively execute their responsibilities.
· Chair all Board and general meetings of the Company.
Marketing, Media, and Membership Director
· Take ownership of all Marketing and Media for WLS
· Responsible for the WLS marketing and communications strategies, as well as overall branding and image.
· Ensure that communications to membership over competitions, closing dates etc are clear and timely.
· Explore new revenue schemes (Product selling, partnership agreements)
· Source new clothing contract ahead of Sep-23
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 30th SEPTEMBER 2022.
To apply for either role, please email your nomination with why you think you would be suitable for the role, along with evidence of another member who will second your nomination to:
· Committee Members to be assigned to one or more of the committees within the board’s remit (list not exhaustive) with the aim to extend capacity and capability of WLS to run events and grow the sport:
o Sporting (including Squads, Coaching and Development)
o Competitions(Including Records and Rankings)
o Clean Sport
o Schools Development
To express an interest in joining as a Committee Member, please contact:
Vice Chairperson(to be appointed internally by the board members):
· Vice Chair is not a separate role and must be combined with another Director role, excluding those holding the roles of Chair and General Secretary.
· Primary responsibility is to deputize for the Chair in their absence to facilitate meetings and ensure there is a quorum for decision making.
The Big Scottish Lift Up for the Armed Forces.
Weightlifting Scotland are delighted to support the SSAFA Online British Weightlifting Competition.
The competition will be via the Virtual Portal and is open to personnel from all Services (including Reservists)
Registration closes Noon 30th May with uploading of entries closing Friday 17th June.
Results will be published on Armed Forces Day, 25th June.